- NIS Newsletter Find out all of the latest news about NIS programmes! Please click here to view a copy of the newsletter
- World Mental Health Day 2018 The theme of this year’s World Mental Health Day is “young people and mental health in a changing world”. Half of...
- SCIE findings in relation to NIS programmes have been published The SCIE has published their findings in relation to Models of care and care pathways to support the mental health and wellbeing of looked...
Treatment Foster Care Oregon UK - Prevention Programme
The Prevention Programme (TFCO-UK-P) is designed for children aged between 3-6 years. The programme aims to help young children develop their social relationships, emotional regulation and to give them skills for school.
Working with the child
Children attend a playgroup where they are encouraged to learn and practice skills successfully via child-focused activities. They also receive individual coaching to further develop their skills.
Read Becky's story
Working with the foster carer as part of the team
The focus for foster carers looking after young people in the P programme is to:
- Help children to regulate their emotions
- Encourage positive behaviour
- Celebrate the child’s achievements
Working with families
When children leave TFCO-UK-P and move to a permanent placement, the team works to enable them to continue building on the skills the child has developed.